Friday, August 22, 2008

Oh No! Say it isn't so! Rachel Maddow will replace Dan Abrams as host of the 9PM hour on MSNBC

Rachel Maddow Replacing Dan Abrams On MSNBC Effective Immediately - Oh No!! To be clear, I absolutely love and admire Rachel and not a question MSNBC made a good decision to give her "a" spot of her own....just not Dan's.

Over 2100 comments so far on Huffington Post almost all positive about Rachel and a smaller majority agreeing that Dan's show should be kept on the air. As I read all of the comments I wondered and hoped Rachel and Dan have thicker skin than I do. My 1st instinct is to defend them when someone says something offensive but then I realize it's a pointless act. Just like the hateful comments some say about Barack that make me crazy I have to simply ignore. This is like asking a lion to not protect her cub, totally against the grain of my DNA.

Dan's sense of humor, humility and professionalism propelled him as he magnificently navigated his way through his last show. Not an easy task but certainly not a surprise that he manuvered this so well. The guy's a class act!

I've been thinking I need to reduce my time online and watching the news anyway. Seems like a perfect time to attack the pile of books I’ve been wanting to read and make some time for all of the things on my "to do" list. That is, right after the convention!

Hopefully MSNBC will come around quickly and get Dan back on his own show.

No comments: