Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Barack Obama speaks in Philadelphia, PA 3/18/08



I urge you to watch the whole speech or read it as it addresses the bigger issues at hand. I've never been more proud of my decision to volunteer on his campaign as I was today. Barack's speech is a perfect example of why I am such a passionate supporter. He’s a big thinker, always looking at the macro picture and not searching for a quick sound bite to skirt around controversy or dismiss it as unimportant. Often times when he speaks to a large group of people (IE the NRA & an Evangelical Christian church) he has said that “we won’t agree on everything but we’ll find that we agree on more things than we disagree on.” It takes tremendous confidence and conviction of one’s beliefs to say that and that is once again evident in his speech today. It's a great honor and privilage to work on his behalf!

No comments: