Monday, March 31, 2008

To celebrate their 50th anniversary in LA, the Dodgers dusted off some of the old-timer stars with names like Koufax, Snider & Wills





Opening Day at Dodger Stadium is our family tradition. We go every year and can't help but reminisce about my parents and the memories of many, many Dodger games over the years. My brother and I always go and this year my oldest nephew Gary and my sister in law Suzi came with us. Being that it was the 50th Anniversary since the Dodgers came to LA it was especially memorable. My mother passed away almost 5 years ago and there were few things she loved more than the Dodgers. She was a fan even as a kid in the Bronx favoring the Brooklyn Dodgers over the Yankees and was thrilled when they moved to LA a few years after she did. Both my parents would have been thrilled to see all of the Dodger stars of the past that came out on the field one by one, from Duke Snider to Ron Cey it was really moving. Unfortunately my camera couldn't get any close ups but the pictures do at least convey the spectacle of the day.

No comments: